Visualization and control of gas analysis at Shazand Petrochemical's steam-generating plant in Iran
June 23, 2016 | Reliance SCADA
In 2015, Delta Gas Mobin Group implemented a system for the monitoring and control of infrared gas analyzers at the Iranian company Shazand Petrochemical. A gas analyzer can simultaneously measure the following gas components: carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitric oxide, sulfur dioxide, oxygen.
To visualize and control the gas analysis process, the Reliance SCADA/HMI system and a WAGO PLC are used.
The Reliance SCADA system provides the following functionality:
- Modification of operational parameters and settings, such as alarm and deviation limits
- Graphical-oriented operator screens displaying important measuring data–related information from the gas analyzers
- Data transparency towards the operators
- Operating feedback from the gas analyzers
- Generating custody transfer reports and other reports (daily/monthly reports); they are stored on the hard disk
- Archiving of reports, alarms/events, and trends
- Secure environment by protecting the system from unauthorized access
- Alarm management; alarms are derived from primary input signals as well as from calculated figures, they can be printed on the alarm printer, and are stored on the hard disk; in addition, alarm messages as well as their acknowledgements are reported
- Real-time and historical trending for all major signals in the system
- Monitoring of all important signals with high and low limits; generating an alarm if any of the signals are out of the normal range
- Human–machine interface with which the operator can monitor, for example, all live values, calculated values, alarm/event messages, parameters, and settings in a number of graphical displays
- Monitoring of gas flow and the status of the gas components
- Gas-analyzer online checking (any alarms are detected immediately)
- Monitoring of raw–calculated values comparison
Examples of visualization windows
The analyzers overview window
A system configuration window
Try the Reliance SCADA/HMI system
Try the Reliance SCADA/HMI system on several example projects or download the installer of the trial version for free.