Visualization and control of gas analysis at Khayam Combined Cycle Power Plant in Iran
June 8, 2016 | Reliance SCADA
In 2015, Delta Gas Mobin Group implemented a system for the monitoring and control of an infrared gas analyzer at Khayam Combined Cycle Power Plant in Iran. The gas analyzer can simultaneously measure up to six of the following gas components: methane, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, water.
To visualize and control the gas analysis process, the Reliance SCADA/HMI system and
a Siemens SIMATIC S7-1200 PLC are used.
The Reliance SCADA system provides the following functionality:
- Modification of operational parameters and settings, such as alarm and deviation limits
- Graphical-oriented operator screens displaying important measuring data–related information from the gas analyzer
- Data transparency towards the operators
- Operating feedback from the gas analyzer
- Generating custody transfer reports and other reports (daily and monthly reports)
- Archiving of reports, alarms/events, and trends
- Secure environment by protecting the system from unauthorized access
- Alarm management; alarms are derived from primary input signals as well as from calculated figures, they can be printed on the alarm printer, and are stored on the hard disk; in addition, alarm messages as well as their acknowledgements are reported
- Real-time and historical trending for all major signals in the system
- Monitoring of all important signals with high and low limits; generating an alarm if any of the signals are out of the normal range
- Human–machine interface with which the operator can monitor, for example, all live values, calculated values, alarm/event messages, parameters, and settings in a number of graphical displays
Examples of visualization windows
A gas flow diagram
Try the Reliance SCADA/HMI system
Try the Reliance SCADA/HMI system on several example projects or download the installer of the trial version for free.