How to deactivate disk write caching to minimize data loss due to a power outage
Enabling disk write caching may increase operating system performance. However, it can cause data loss or corruption if a power outage occurs.
Enabling or disabling disk write caching
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the Disk Drives branch to expand it.
- Right-click the drive on which you want to enable or disable disk write caching, and then click Properties.
- Click the Disk Properties tab.
- Click to select or clear the Write Cache Enabled check box as appropriate.
- Click OK.
Haven't found what you were looking for? Use this form to inform us about it.