At runtime, the "License key not found." message appears
On most computers equipped with newer versions of Windows, the option for saving power on USB ports is enabled. At runtime, this feature takes effect after some time – the hardware key connected to the USB port is disconnected and the message "License key not found." is displayed in the Current Alarms/Events window.
To prevent this from happening, disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option in the USB Hub settings.
How to disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option (Windows 7)
- In Windows, click on Start > Control Panel.
- Then, go to the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Bring up the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box (or the Generic USB Hub Properties dialog box) by choosing the Properties command from the popup menu (or by double-clicking).
- Click on the Power Management tab and disable the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
Haven't found what you were looking for? Use this form to inform us about it.