- How to order
Reliance is a professional SCADA/HMI system designed for the visualization and control of industrial processes and for building automation. The development team of Reliance has long-time experience with building large applications. Customers' feedback plays a crucial role in further development of the system. As a result, Reliance is a customizable, reliable, and robust system which can be adapted even for complex applications.
The reason why Reliance is highly regarded by systems integrators is because it is easy to use, it has user-friendly functions, which make the system very fast and pleasant to work with.
We are pleased to hear from systems integrators who previously worked with competitive SCADA packages that they have found working with Reliance two or three times faster than with the other systems. The speed of development, user-friendly functions, and reliability of the system have always belonged among our high priorities.
Every day, thousands of Reliance installations are being used worldwide for the visualization and control of industrial processes in the following fields:
- Gas industry
- Chemical industry
- Heating and air conditioning for buildings
- District heating systems
- Coal and hydroelectric power plants
- Wastewater treatment and water treatment plants
- Malting plants and breweries
- Meat processing and food production plants
- Traffic control systems
- Production lines
- Intelligent buildings or family houses
- Other areas…
Benefits of using Reliance for end users
- Increasing the quality and productivity of the production process
- Minimizing technological breakdowns by early warning the system operator
- Reliability of the application due to redundancy of data communication lines
- Ability to subsequently analyze the cause of a possible technological breakdown (through Postmort)
- Faster development of the application by the systems integrator = lower purchase price
- Automatic reports from the production by email or SMS
- Secured access to technological data 24 hours a day via the Internet or SMS
Benefits of using Reliance for systems integrators
- State-of-the-art and user-friendly development environment (RAD)
- Reducing development, testing and start-up time of applications = lower costs
- No programming code needed for basic functions
- One version of an application can be configured for all workstations (computers)
- Centralized management for large applications
- Easily exporting a final application to the Web format
- Easily expanding existing applications
- Comments can be added to all objects in an application
- Easy orientation in an application even for engineers not familiar with it
- Reliability of the system = lowering costs for technical support
- Continuity from older to newer versions (backward compatibility)
- Outstanding support and services
The Reliance 4 Design development environment is intended for creating and editing visualization projects (applications). It is available in two versions, Desktop and Enterprise. The Desktop version allows for creating local applications for 1 computer. The Enterprise version is designed for creating network applications and displaying a visualization application in a Web browser, on a smartphone, or on a tablet.
The runtime software is a program designed to run a visualization project on the end user's computer. It is used to control and monitor the visualized industrial process. The server modules provide data to connected clients, i.e., either to client instances of the runtime software or to the thin clients (Web Client, Smart Client, Mobile Client).
Reliance 4 Combi Package is a keenly priced package of licenses for the Reliance Design development environment and the corresponding runtime software. It exists in two versions, Desktop and Enterprise.
Reliance's thin clients are intended for making visualization applications available to remote users over the Internet. Thus, the user can easily display visualization projects in a Web browser, on a tablet, or on
Communication drivers are designed to transfer data from hardware devices to the runtime software and transfer commands from the runtime software to the devices in accordance with the device communication protocol.
Reliance OPC Server is a module of the Reliance 4 system which allows other applications to access a visualization project's tags via the standard OPC interface.
Reliance 4 Design – Development environment
In order to be fully functional, each of the software modules making up Reliance requires a license. The license is stored in a so-called license key. There are two kinds of license key:
- Hardware key
- Software key
A hardware key (dongle) is a small device containing license information. It is available as LPT (parallel) and USB, each of them to be plugged into the respective port of a computer. A hardware key is portable between computers. It requires a device driver to be installed before it can be used. The price of a hardware key is included in the license price. The required type of hardware key (LPT or USB) should be specified when a license is ordered. A hardware key with a Reliance 4 license can also be used with earlier versions of Reliance.
A software key is a special file containing license information and information about the computer it is dedicated for. As a result, a software key cannot be used on another computer (it is not portable between computers). A software key with a Reliance 4 license cannot be used with earlier versions of Reliance (earlier versions of Reliance do not support using a software key).
More information on licensing policy can be found in the article called Licensing of Reliance 4.
To order our products, please contact your local distributor. If there is no distributor in your country, please send the orders directly to us by email
or telephone +420 466 657 314.
Do you need advice?
If you need advice on which of Reliance's modules best suits your application, do not hesitate to contact our sales department at . Send us as detailed description of the features you require as possible. We will immediately reply with a recommended configuration and quotation.